Setup ESP32 for Arduino
- Start Arduino IDE and open the Preferences window.
- Enter https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json (opens in a new tab) into the
Additional Board Manager URLsfield.
- Open Boards Manager from
Tools > Boardmenu and find esp32 platform.
- Select the version you need from a drop-down box.
- Click the install button.
After this choose the right board in your board manager.
- From Tools > Board menu select the right board or install it.
To read more about it click here (opens in a new tab).